TIPS …. when Purchasing Energy Efficient Vinyl Windows
When you’re planning to remodel your home, you want to be snug in winter and cool in summer. Have you considered how your windows affect the energy efficiency of your home? We are a windows contractor in Voorhees, NJ and we’re well equipped to inform you about windows and energy savings.
What is Energy Star and how does it relate when purchasing energy-efficient vinyl windows?
Energy Star is a government program set up by the EPA to help figure out the best ways we can use and save energy. For homeowners, this means helping them reduce their energy use (and their bills) by making their homes more efficient. They’ve worked with the National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC) and various partners to develop windows that transfer less energy (i.e., heat) from the outside in the summer and the inside in the winter. If your windows feel like heat lamps in the summer, or are drafty and cold in the winter, contact Design A Castle Remodelers, your South Jersey premier window contractor specializing in Energy Star qualified windows.
To qualify for Energy Star certification a window must:
- Be manufactured by an Energy Star Partner
- Be independently tested by the NFRC
- Meet the energy efficiency guidelines set by the EPA
For vinyl window or door installations, this means windows should have a U-Factor of 0.30 or less.
- U-Factor is the measure of heat-transfer through a window. The lower the U-Factor, the better a window insulates your home. All Energy Star-certified windows are required to list their U-Factor on the product label.
The EPA estimates lowering the U-Factor of your windows by choosing Energy Star products can cut your energy bills by up to 15%. Energy Star windows add additional benefits as well, such as:
- Keeping your house warmer in winter
- Reducing winter condensation, which can damage your window frame and introduce mold into your home.
- Protecting your home from summer heat while still letting you enjoy the summer light
- Shielding your possessions from the fading effects of UV rays, which can slowly bleach pictures, furniture, and carpets.
- Saving you even more money with valuable tax credits.
Contact Design a Castle your South Jersey Window Contractor
At Design a Castle Remodelers, we use only Energy Star-certified windows with the lowest U-Factor rates on the market. Call today for a FREE estimate, Owner, Bob C. will personally walk you through a wide variety of window styles you can choose from. With over 40 years of experience, Design a Castle rates “Excellent” in customer satisfaction.
The window crew worked hard, efficiently, were very polite and cleaned up around the work site very well. […] Bob [the owner] is very professional, great communicating with his crew and us and always eager to answer our questions. Small issues were addressed quickly and we are very satisfied.
☆☆☆☆☆ Brad A. In Medford, NJ
Check out our money saving WINTER SALE on windows and more! Go to www.designacastle.com